The PowerLinks products have to deal with millions of requests per minute and process terabytes of data per day, scale massively in seconds and respond within milliseconds. The Engineering team at PowerLinks is a small but multi-talented and proficient group who work extremely hard to build reliable applications that exceed the needs of our customers. To enable the team to concentrate on this PowerLinks is looking for a Cloud Engineer.
This is a new role within the organisation so you’ll have complete ownership of the design and maintenance of the infrastructure that our products run on as well as creating and implementing processes and long-term strategies within PowerLinks.
Skills & Experience
- Extensive knowledge of AWS and Microsoft Azure products and services.
- Deploying and configuring production systems, with a particular focus on ease of configuration, reduction of human error, repeatability, and security.
- Is hands-on, highly technical with strong experience in systems engineering.
- Have in-depth understanding of:
- The Linux operating system, at scale.
- Delivering Infrastructure, Platform and Software as a Service solutions using Cloud infrastructure and open source technologies such as Chef and Jenkins.
- Managing source code and package repositories in GitHub.
- Experience with configuring and maintaining databases, both relational and NoSQL.
- Virtualisation and automation solutions.
- Have networking experience and understanding of network protocols, DNS, VPN and load balancing.
- Has proven experience working with Infrastructure as Code, Configuration Management systems, CI/CD pipelines.
- Have operational experience working with large, highly available, highly transactional systems in the cloud.
- Have experience setting up, maintaining and using large scale monitoring, logging platforms, such as the Elasticsearch and InfluxDB/Grafana, and be able to analyse and debug production issues.
- Work independently and take initiative.
- Help defining processes and standards, following industry best practices.
- Help shaping our organisation’s culture.
- Working with other engineering teams to accelerate software delivery.
- Build automation to prevent problem recurrence.
- Knowledge of the AdTech space.
- Containerisation experience, e.g. Docker, Kubernetes.
- Have experience with implementing, deploying, operating a big-data platform within an enterprise production environment.